Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Life I Was Dealt

Obviously i don't get this blogging thing - i believe your supposed to blog regularly - but can you give me a break? I was just new to it all and i didn't know. I promise to take the blogging pledge - Raise your right hand and say - " I Bridget will try to blog at least 3 times a week or eat dirt" - what? NO that doesn't sound good... Alright seriously now - LIfe has taken me over and i have honestly been trying to figure it all out. Ryeder started grade 2 and let me tell ya that was hell from 1-10.
He was attending a Private School because the classroom size was small and i felt it would be a better fit for him than the public school system - only 11 kids to 1 teacher. It worked okay for grade 1, we had a few bullying issues but he liked it and he was learning and growing into this crazy World we all accept as normal.
Grade 2 has been a whole different story - started out with the same kid bullying him again, a teacher administration that didn't want to address it as bullying, the teacher not communicating with me on any level, meetings with teacher, meetings with administration, till their answer was put him back into grade 1. I was blown away!
He is a brilliant child but definitely wasn't getting the time and attention he needed. So here i am homeschooling him until the end of the year trying to write a book and keep our heads above water - ya know? He is doing great and learning to read - something they struggled with teaching him. Through it all i have grown as a mother and a person and i believe the Universe is directing me down the path i need to be on. For this is the life i was dealt and I"M gonna make the BESTof it.

No comments:

Post a Comment